Ready for another of our little game of Name that Judge? Let's see if this one goes as quickly. There are 34 Query Kombat judges and all are agented or published writers with experience in this business.
Some have agreed to join me and give away a prize to whoever guesses their nickname. You can find their bios at Mike's blog, SC's blog, and my blog. (No, I'm not providing the links. Where's the fun in that? But look in the May archive.) I will provide the list of judge names. Guessed judges are marked off.
|Kristin B. Wright|
|Mary Ann Marlowe|
|Sarah Glenn Marsh|
|Heather Powell-van Fleet|
This judge's nickname was Mallory Pike. And they have provided a few hints:
(1) Jared Leto once offered her a cigarette in a dark alley.
(2) Last year, she sent her agent a query for erotic Baby-Sitters Club fan fiction.
(3) She rarely/never tweets writing advice.
(4) Her debut novel comes out in April 2016.
(5) In a movie about her life, she'd be played by a Victoria's Secret model. Or Tina Fey. Probably Tina Fey.
First one to correctly name this judge wins a three chapter critique (no more than 50 pages) or a signed copy of Powerless by Tera Childs and Tracy Deebs. Winner's choice! I'll put a time limit of five days on this, but hopefully we won't need to worry about such things.
Other rules. Let's see...
You don't have to have entered or been picked for Query Kombat to play. Anyone may try and Name That Judge. There will be other posts with fresh judges coming up soon. You may enter more than one Name That Judge post. You may only guess once on each post. You must leave a way to reach you--twitter handle or email address.