Ready for another of our little game of Name that Judge? Let's see if this one goes as quickly. There are 34 Query Kombat judges and are agented or published writers with experience in this business.
Some have agreed to join me and give away a prize to whoever guesses their nickname. You can find their bios at Mike's blog, SC's blog, and my blog. (No, I'm not providing the links. Where's the fun in that? But look in the May archive.) I will provide the list of judge names. Guessed judges are marked off.
|Kristin B. Wright|
|Mary Ann Marlowe|
|Sarah Glenn Marsh|
|Heather Powell-van Fleet|
This judge's nickname was WonderPig. And they have provided a few hints:
- Is in a mixed Hufflepuff-Slytherin marriage to her HS sweetheart (she's the Hufflepuff) with a Gryffinclaw son & Slytherdor daughter.
- First connected with her agent through Nightmare on Query Street in 2013.
- Taught Korean martial arts before teaching creative arts at "Hogwarts for Hackers."
- She's been preaching the same sermon all #QueryKombat: Tea > coffee. Writing > query. Solid 3rd POV > Tepid 1st POV.
- Describes grammar in terms of math, even though she doesn't "do" math at all.
- Has nailed entries mercilessly for inapt choice of words, and doesn't mind one bit nagging the author about why it doesn't work. (insert
Other rules. Let's see...
You don't have to have entered or been picked for Query Kombat to play. Anyone may try and Name That Judge. There will be other posts with fresh judges coming up soon. You may enter more than one Name That Judge post. Though to be fair, you may only win once. You may only guess once on each post. You must leave a way to reach you--twitter handle or email address.